Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Family Fun Day!

We headed to a local farm and winery for Family Sunday Funday and this was the first weekend that I have wanted to kill people en mass. This place was a freakin' MADHOUSE. It's a U-Pick kinda place, and the middle class yuppies were out in droves with their Halloween sweaters* and high priced strollers (we had my nephew, Conor, along and really needed a ORV-type stroller to cut through the ruts).

Here are some highlights:

It's a wonder I didn't spew going up this windy road ...
maybe because I was driving and it was a little like playing Super Mario Kart (which I suck at, but I managed to keep THIS car going the right direction...)


Lunch. I am a douchbaggette for making
this face, but it made Conor smile. Babies
tolerate so much...

My newphew, Conor, sucking on a chicken drumstick bone.
(PSI: He wears this Speed Racer helmet to reshape his head. It's OK to ask parents WTF it is ... He only has to wear it for about 4 months.)

Happy goat gets corn (25 Cents for about 8 kernels.)

Happy goat is now mildly annoyed goat
who only tolerates this for 8 more kernels of corn.


This guy has big horns.

Pretty cow.

Scary Third-World alpaca.

Big slide made of some PVC pipe stuff.

Happy kid is now pissed kid because
she cannot go down the slide again.


Family photo. What you can't see are the two women
drinking wine straight from the bottles behind us. Awesome.

Self-explanatory. At least I used a cup.

Conor gets the best seat in the house...

... and straws full of cold water ...

... which we later discovered was actually Boo's Sprite.
This is him saying, "hey! That shit was good! Gimme some more!"

Family photo II. Insert baby.










* Just say "no" to themed sweaters.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can always download Picasa and edit the guy behind you out of the really good family photo!

One of my blogging buddies, Sarah's, son Amos had the same issue.
http://www.imaginarybinky.com/2008/01/mister-shapen.html
There's a link in there for a yahoo group. He is one adorable kid-and I think the headgear just makes those eyes so much more noticeable.

If there's any of that wine left, I'd like some, please. Then again, this is YOU we're talking about-there is no more wine! :)

Organic Meatbag said...

Add a goat to any day to make it a party!