Thursday, May 28, 2009

Basements, booze and other shit I have to talk about.

We're in the midst of getting quotes to finish our basement. It's completely full of shit we don't need, including an entire shelving unit full of beans, rice and Dinty Moore ready-to-heat meals (WTF?) that Bill's been stockpiling, I guess for the next War of the Worlds attack.


(I think I'd rather take on the aliens than put that shit in my stomach.)

The first estimate came in at ... are you ready for it? ... $35K. WHAT. THE. FUCK? For 900 square feet? Will be handcrafted out of 24K gold and YESH's tears (I heard that shit can cure cancer and make cats swoon at his feet. He's the Chuck Norris of the HHJH world.)

We had another builder come yesterday, and he had some great ideas that hopefully won't cost an arm and a leg. That estimate is to come, and we have another builder coming by today.

***
On a different note, I haven't had so much as a sip of wine in three days, and I have to say that sobriety is highly overrated. I mean, I haven't ended up like this*


***
Finally, Katherine Heigl is f*cking nuts. What a dumbass.


* Yet. ZOMG, boob splinters!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Alert the media, Mandy hasn't had wine!

Gypsydoodlebug said...

I know. I'm decidedly less funny when I'm sober.

bonsairick said...

Been there, done the picnic table thing - only clothed. Came to the next morning covered in dew and squirrel crap. Ah, the bad old days.

Anonymous said...

Ummm....who gave you that picture! Dunnski said he deleted that!!!!!!!!