Thursday, January 15, 2009

You know how...

... shit sometimes rolls downhill? Well, the shit, it is aflowin'. They say bad news travels in threes. Well, my three is here and hopefully it'll pass soon like a bad fish taco.

1. A very, very good friend filed for divorce today. It needed to happen, but it still hurts and I'm not sure how to help.

2. A co-worker of Bill's was arrested for a Very Bad Thing. Imagine the worst thing a man can be arrested for short of murder, and you've probably got the picture. Kinda throws your world upside down to know it can happen so close to home.

3. Our food stylist here at the magazine got fired from his day job (not us). The economy sucks and it has finally hit closer to home.

So the new year is off to TEH SUCK, but it can only go uphill from here, right?

With that said, here are THREE good things:

1. I bought a $600 wedding dress for $33 shipped from Ann Taylor. Yes, I'm already married, and no, I didn't need it. But I have a special someone who is getting married this year and it is her size, so if it works out it'll be THE BEST BARGAIN E-V-E-R. If not, off to the consignment shop. (I'd post a picture, but her fiancé reads the shit I call my blog, so I won't.)

2. I am leaving with Josh for San Jose next week and leaving the ass-freezing temps we're experiencing here.

3. BARACK OBAMA will soon be our new president. 'nuff said.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Man, those three are a major suck.

So, you got the dress? Cool.

Oh, and here's a Barack story that will warm your heart on a cold day.
http://www.parade.com/export/sites/default/news/2009/01/barack-obama-letter-to-my-daughters.html