Sunday, January 14, 2007

I'm so embarassed.

I called Toys R Us on Friday and just HAPPENED to stumble upon a Wii for Bill for his birthday. So being that I was at work downtown, I had him drive over and pick it up himself (shut up. If he wanted it that bad, he had to be a team player).

We opened it up on Friday night and after many glasses of Cabernet ... I SO ROCK AT BOWLING! I have the high score of 195. Woo hoo! Tried doing it sober yesterday and couldn't break 180, so the moral of this story is buzzed bowling is better than sober bowling.

Now the downside. I AM SO FRIGGIN' SORE. I feel like I've been doing yardwork for days. My shoulders hurt, my right arm hurts, my neck hurts. I could barely move when I woke up. Ben-Gay anyone? Please?

Of course, I can't tell anyone that I spent five hours playing a Nintendo video gaming system, so I'm just going to lie like a dog and say ... I was exercising. Well, no, I can't say that because A) I don't belong to a gym and B) everybody knows I'm deathly allergic to all forms of physical activity. So I'll say I WAS doing yard work. Wait. That won't work EITHER because it's a friggin' MONSOON outside (the yard is currently a soggy messy mess). Cleaning the basement? YES! That will totally work ...

In other news, I get to meet my brother's girlfriend tonight at my parents' house for dinner. She's his first girlfriend ever -- and by that I mean the first girl he ever dated from 10 years ago. Apparently, they've kept in touch over the years and hooked up again a few months ago. Which I think is kinda cool. BooBerry is coming to dinner, of couse, and should cut that funky tension anytime someone new is introduced into the family.

No comments: