Friday, July 24, 2009

The Trouble with Vamps ...


I'm in the middle of "Eclipse," and ... I JUST DON'T GET IT. I mean, the storyline is aiight, but it ain't no Harry Potter. Hell, I read The Vampire Diaries in the early 1990s and re-read them last year. And I STILL can't finish the Twilight series. There is obviously a problem. I have devoured Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire series LONG before HBO jacked it up into an addictive-if-not-quite-accurate rendering of the book.

Oh, and of course The CW has jumped on the fangbanger rage and is turning The Vampire Diaries into a watered-down, lame-ass SHOW*. What. The... Seriously.




* I'll still watch it. Don't judge.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The only vampire series I ever started was Katie McAllister's. At that, I only read one of them.

I guess I'm out of touch-the vampires don't do anything for me.