Monday, August 10, 2009

Ready for My Close-up!

If you don't follow me on Twitter, you probably don't know that BooBerry recently won a contest that will take us to Charlotte, NC this weekend. The contest? An appearance on PBS's RAGGS kids' TV show!!

All we had to do was film a two-minute clip of her being well ... her -- a Q&A interview. I asked her about her pets and her birthday party. Took three takes, and I uploaded it to the Raggs Rockin' Kids Search server. It couldn't have been easier.



Around July 10th, I told Bill that I guess Bella hadn't made the cut, but on the 16th, I got an exciting email:


I was completely excited! Bill hadn't even seen her audition video –– and I couldn't even get him on the telephone to tell him.* (I called just about everybody else I knew though, up to and including our banker. What can I say. I'm not a stage mom**, so I was excited. BooBerry's e-mail was number 681, so I'm wondering if they had at least that many applicants. According to the contest rules, the production team narrowed the applicants down to 200, then ultimately 100 kidlets, and Boo was one of them.

We fly out this Friday (I added an extra day on and rented a car -- might as well make a weekend girls' trip out of it. Fellow Raggs mom Ophiesay has chronicled her daughter's Raggs trip from San Francisco HERE, and she shows some great production pictures. BooBerry will be interviewed by "Dumpster" the cat –– a large puppet. She'll be doing this***:



I have to choose three outfits for Boo to wear, and I've selected:

THIS DRESS:


WITH THIS SHIRT:


And also this dress:

Still have to come up with a third outfit –– the production team said we didn't have to "dress up" but Boo loves clothes and wore a black fedora hat and a dress with a tie yesterday. Classic!

While we're in Charlotte, we're going to hit up the Discovery Place and, of course, no trip would ever be complete without checking out a pizza place or two.

We're excited, and hope our journey is as great as Ophiesay and her daughter's!



* Lame.
** Lie.
*** Minus the gushy commentary on kindergarten romance.

No comments: